About Christine Charles
Christine is passionate about growing business and achieving results, and as Managing Director works with an experienced and committed team to deliver outstanding results. She has held a variety of positions in the private sector, public sector, community sector and academia. She provides strategic and practical advice, covering social/political risk management, social and community investment, regional economic development, leadership and business strategy.
Christine has broad knowledge across a number of sectors, having held a variety of positions in the private sector, public sector, community sector and academia Her understanding of the mining and energy sectors is based on several years in an executive role with Newmont Mining and her work within the sector as a specialist. She is chair of the Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining, University of Queensland where she is an adjunct Professor, as well as chairing the Resources and Engineering Skills Alliance Board. Christine is a member of the CSIRO Resources Sector Advisory Council, and has been Special Adviser on social and environmental policy to the CEO, Minerals Council of Australia. Christine was CEO of the South Australian Human Services Department from 1997 to early 2002, after heading the South Australian Cabinet Office. She worked for the World Health Organisation based in Kobe, Japan and for a number of NGOs within Australia. She sits on the Board of Save the Children Australia.
Alongside her role as Managing Director, Christine currently holds the following positions:
- Chair of the South Australian Government’s Resources and Engineering Skills Alliance Board,
- Member of the CSIRO Resources Sector Advisory Council.
- Adjunct Professor at the Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining at the University of Queensland.
- Chair of the Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining, at the University Queensland
- Board of Save the Children Australia, and chairs the Board Risk and Program Committee
Previously Christine has held positions, including:
- Chair of the Northern Territory Mining Board.
- Special Adviser on Social and Environmental policy to the CEO, Minerals Council of Australia.
- Chair of the Advisory Committee of the Resources Technology Innovation Centre, for the Australian Government,
- Member of the National Resources Sector Supplier Advisory Forum to the Australian Government,
- Member of the Chief of the Defence Force Reference Group on Women, served on the Anzac Centenary Advisory Board
- Newmont Mining – Group Executive role
- CEO of the South Australian Human Services Department (1997 to 2002)
- Head of the Cabinet Office in the South Australian Premier’s Department
- Senior executive roles for the World Health Organization based in Kobe, Japan.