Rodger has 20+ years professional experience working to advance positive relations between responsible mining companies and communities affected by their operations. Rodger keeps a focus on engendering strategic collaborative relationships based on mutual respect and trust. He does this by seeking innovative ways to achieve shared value and mutually beneficial outcomes including the social licence to operate for the resource company and sustainable social development outcomes amongst local affected communities.
Rodger has extensive research and expertise in the areas of Indigenous community engagement, community relations, and local employment and procurement in the extractive industry.
He holds a BSc (Hons) Geology and Geography and a MPhil in Indigenous Development and Mining.
Rodger has been engaged with and/or worked for;
- Social Performance Advisor – KEFI Minerals, Ethiopia
- Policy Advisor in social responsibility in mining – Ethiopian Ministry of Mines
- Project Manager ‘Benchmarking Best Practice in Aboriginal Business Procurement’ – Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining (CSRM)
- Consultant to JK Tech Pty Ltd project – Newmont Tamami’s Operations’ ‘Social Impact Assessment of The Granites Goldmine’
- Consultant to Bowchung Pty Ltd project – ‘Monitoring and evaluation of rollout of low aromatic fuels in Indigenous communities on the Tiwi Islands’
- Research Manager – Centre for Social Responsibility in Mining (CSRM), University of Queensland
- Mining Manager – Central Land Council, Alice Springs